Subject: La Scala
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 May 2017 13:36:19 +0000

"Tebaldi, she assured us, had a perfect technique, while Callas was a great actress but did not have a good technique"

Is true first part. Perfect intonation, trills like Patti and fresh tone up through high C until greatest-ever career stops.
Terrible lie that Greek understudy (Carosio's, later Tebaldi's) great actress--or actress at all. I proudly laugh at this canard, ha ha. TOSCA on Ed Sullivan make me laugh too--legacy of Pola Negri.

Tebaldi only true veristic actress, also best Violetta dramatic and vocalita since Bellincioni.
"I haff spoken."