Subject: Re: Boheme in English
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 May 2017 12:24:08 +0000

Corelli, on his best behavior, was great in any role whether it totally suited him or not. Speaking of Franco, the other night I saw him perform the first act duet from Otello with Theresa Zylis-Gara at a Met Gala, on You Tube. I don't know if the complete role was suited for his voice, but he was great in that duet. She was great too. I had seen her as Desdemona, I believe with Vickers, and was very pleasantly surprised. The rest of the audience, or most, loved her too.