Subject: Re: Boheme in English
From: Don <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 May 2017 06:03:15 -0600

I have an old LP set with Callas singing Parsifal in Italian.  It has been
released on CDs for a while and it's one of my favorite Parsifals.  Years
ago in The Strand Bookstore I picked up a used score of Lohengrin with only
Italian text.  When 45s were all the rage(short lived for sure) I found a
Rigoletto in German although I cannot remember who the singers were.  I
remember being at opening night 1957 when Onegin was done in English with
George London, Lucine Amara, Richard Tucker and Georgio Tozzi.  I still can
see that final act in the park with the snow falling.
dond

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 5:26 AM, Wendell Eatherly <[log in to unmask]

--
It's amazing how useful it can be.