Subject: Re: La Scala
From: Peter Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 21 May 2017 01:33:01 -0400

The La Scala museum is definitely worth a visit. As for the guides, I'm sure they vary. The one I had seemed to be working from a script about what tourists want to hear. Tebaldi, she assured us, had a perfect technique, while Callas was a great actress but did not have a good technique. As one who loves both these singers probably more than is healthy, it was all I could do to stifle myself. But yes, many worthwhile exhibits there.