Subject: Re: La Scala
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 May 2017 21:45:11 -0400

I refuse to check a bag under any circumstances although I might have to rethink if I can't bring my laptop, tablet or eReader on flights from Europe. So I wear a pair of nice jeans on the plane and fold a pair of dressier pants (which could be something like Zegna flannel jeans that look quite dressy) and a couple of dress shirts, along with simple workout clothes, running shoes and essential toiletries in my duffel. I might fold a tie in my bag but that's as dressy as it's going to get for anyplace and nobody has questioned me or shown negativity.

I learned a long time ago: bring half the number of trousers and twice the amount of underwear you think you'll need.

Packing carry on only has allowed me tremendous flexibility with tight connections or late changing flight plans. On the down side, it has me very dependent on hotel laundry. Sometimes costly and sometimes risky, as the time a very pricey Thai resort mishandled an aforementioned pair of Zegna flannels and turned them into a sort of cycling tights.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone