Subject: Re: La Scala
From: John Nici <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 May 2017 21:01:57 -0400

Hi Henry and members of the list,

My only experience at LaScala was last year, when I saw La Cena delle Beffe,
and might I add it was an amazing experience (I am still puzzled that no one
made a DVD of this rarity). I completely concur with all the statements
about appropriate dress for the audience made by members of this forum. May
I also urge you to tour the museum attached to the opera house. It is not a
big museum, but it does have some lovely momentoes and interesting portraits
and costumes on display. They also offer tours of the museum. Although one
many not necessarily need this, I find that there is always something
interesting to learn from a knowledgeable guide. Have a great time!  John,
Rego Park, NY