Subject: Re: Boheme in English
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 May 2017 20:04:53 -0400

I don't know why it is that I am so intolerant of operas done in English
(save for anything penned by Menotti).  It sounds so ... so ....wrong.

Case in point: I heard one of my top 5 favorite tenor arias "Kuda, kuda"
done by Jussi Bjoerling and I almost didn't recognize it.  His voice was
beautiful as always but it lost something in the translation.
And while I am complaining and fussing, I also have a serious problem
every time Sirius plays the Romeo of Corelli, who sounds so wrong for that
sensitive role.
Okay -- back to my cage.