Subject: Re: bohème in english - was Re: Merrill's Per me giunto
From: Peter Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 May 2017 19:43:36 -0400

In addition to the artists mentioned, Eileen Farrell sang beautifully in English. She made American-accented English sound dignified.

On Saturday, May 20, 2017 Michael McPherson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
This reminds me of the cast of Vanessa — practically all American — but the person constantly being praised for understanding what he was singing was Nicolai Gedda.

Michael

Michael J. McPherson