Subject: Re: La Scala
From: Hermine Stover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 May 2017 13:17:56 -0700

At 12:39 PM 5/20/2017, Henry wrote:
>Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > Wouldn't you want to do honor to your surroundings, to your fellow audience
> > members, and to the performers by dressing up as well as you can?
>Erm ... no.
>And in light of the other, helpful, comments, I'll be happy to wear my
>customary clean, conservative, not-at-all stylish clothes. I paid as
>much for my ticket as the poseurs did; they can stare at me as much as
>they like.

I have always lived by the motto "FUCK DRESS CODES", and have been
welcome in Sarah Caldwell's productions even back stage for a jolly
time. I once did dress as a cowboy when I went to see La Fanciula. I
do not smell other than of Apres L'Ondee and I do not rattle my
jewelry. What if the Met could fill the house with people in surfer
clothing? Whose life would be ended.

Modify your settings: