Subject: bohème in english - was Re: Merrill's Per me giunto
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 May 2017 10:14:30 -0500

And don’t forget that during the same season the Met also presented “Boheme” in the original Italian. I believe the English version utilized mostly English speaking singers while the Italian version had mostly Italian speakers.

Back in those days, as a teenager, I thought that translation into English was a good idea. I became older and wiser rather quickly!

Kurt Youngmann

> On May 20, 2017, at 5:29 AM, Wendell Eatherly <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> The really puzzling opera-in-English experiment was a Boheme that only lasted a single
> season.

“No amount of belief makes something a fact.” - James Randi

Modify your settings: