Subject: Re: Merrill's Per me giunto
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 May 2017 23:52:34 -0400

I heard that it was the Met's decision and that Merrill didn't know the
exact reasons for this cut at the time. A jarring omission because he was
indeed in glorious voice, as heard in the '50 broadcast.

Another mystery for me is the omission of Riccardo's 3rd act aria when
Bjoerling magnificently sang the role in that legendary '40 BALLO broadcast.

Vesna