Subject: Re: Merrill's Per me giunto
From: Ulrik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 May 2017 17:24:12 -0400

I think that this used to be a fairly standard cut. From my mother I got some of the vocal
scores from the Royal Opera in Copenhagen from the 1960s and 1970s, including a vocal
score of Don Carlo, and it is indicated that "Per me giunto" is cut.

Kind regards

Ulrik

On Thu, 18 May 2017 13:09:01 -0400, daaaac <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi listers,
>
>A collector friend of mine recently reminded me that Rodrigo’s aria "Per me giunto"
was cut during the 1950-51 Met season.  This has probably been brought up before, but
I’m curious as to why this was done.  Merrill certainly could have sung it beautifully; it
only goes to an F.  Does anyone know why this happened?