Subject: Merrill's Per me giunto
From: daaaac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 May 2017 13:09:01 -0400

Hi listers,

A collector friend of mine recently reminded me that Rodrigo’s aria "Per me giunto" was cut during the 1950-51 Met season.  This has probably been brought up before, but I’m curious as to why this was done.  Merrill certainly could have sung it beautifully; it only goes to an F.  Does anyone know why this happened?

Donald