Subject: Re: Happy Birthday, my Zinka (1906)
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 May 2017 15:22:39 -0400

I think I am a minority of one who considers Callas' "Forza" the greatest
performance of that role I've ever heard. The Convent Scene is
breathtaking, esoecially the rhythmic instincts that she and Serafin
employ, and her contribution to the Guardiano duet simply has no equal.

Outside of a couple of flappy tops, her Leonora is about as close to
perfection as vocalism ever gets.

Bob