Subject: Re: Met Gala
From: Jean Scarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 May 2017 10:46:06 -0400

Fifty years and no Wagner piece except the "Tannhauser"!!  Verdi was certainly in charge!! However, the "Troyens" duet was a very pleasant surprise.  What sublime music and so beautifully sung by Susan Graham and Matthew Polenzani.  The  "Ring" played an important part in this period of Met history, and not one note to be heard last night!  Shameful!  Jean