Subject: Re: Viva La France
From: Genevieve Castle Room <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 14 May 2017 18:04:30 -0400

Donald,

>"It might be useful to pause and consider the history of the ways in which
the musical interests and/or talents of political leaders has influenced
their "performance".  If it only boils down to Nero
and Hitler, isn't that food enough for thought?"

Whaaat????  :-)

It doesn't only boil down to Nero and Hitler. Countless monarchs have
sponsored the arts... It was actually the usual arrangement for people like
Mozart, Lully, etc.