Subject: Re: Viva La France
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 14 May 2017 04:16:33 -0400

On Sat, 13 May 2017 14:22:15 -0400, Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Dear Listers,
>
>Just returned from two weeks in Italy, the highlight of which was a splendid
performance of
>“Lucia di Lammermoor” at Venice’s fabled Teatro La Fenice (I intend to write a
review after I
>have unpacked, downloaded my photos, and recovered from from my exhausting
yet very
>rewarding trip), I found Frank Cadenhead’s post about France’s president-elect,
Emmanuel
>Macron, and his admiration for Rossini.

Macron studied piano for some ten years at the conservatory in Amiens and even
finished in third place in a piano competition.  His conservatory time was obviously
when he had extra time from his larger education. His interest in classical music,
France Musique was careful to point out, is an exception among recent presidents
of France.

Frank Cadenhead