Subject: Rosenkavalier - Met 13 May 2017
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 13 May 2017 19:02:28 -0400

As heard on WQXR

VERY brief

"Die silberne Ros'n' was extraordinarily beautiful as was the opening line
of the final trio. Fleming's delivery of those moments, and, in fact, of the
whole role, were worthy of the enormous ovation she received. I shall
remember her vocalism today as among the defining musical experiences
of my life. Her vocal health, at the age of 58, is astounding.

The rest of it was ordinary, erasing no memories, and less well delivered
than many I've heard. Polenzani and the conducting were particularly
dsappointing. I enjoyed the afternoon, because I love the opera, and
despite its musical deficiencies.

Bob