Subject: Re: Met Gala
From: Mike Hetsko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 May 2017 01:24:28 -0400

I just got back home.  It was long, but i think the 100th was something like 8 or 9 hours, so......
Anna as Butterfly. She sound wonderful and looked just as good in her cio cio san outfit

Damrau was ok. And she nailed the high Eb.

Meade-yes

Bel raggio-if you are going to razzle dazzle, you have to go all the way

Boheme- sounded great in house.  I listened to the playback off Sirius in the car driving home; didn't sound quite as good.

Ah mes amis-nailed all 9. It was a thriller.

Glad they did at least one Handel or era piece and having David Daniels there was a treat.

Videos all interesting. Lady Bird Johnson walking into the new Met with the Marcos's.  President Eisenhower at the ground breaking for Lincoln Center, etc.

All in all a good night, though not cheap for those of us who went to the house.

And the crowd wanted to cheer......and did.

~Mike Hetsko

(-spell check by IPhone-)