Subject: Re: Risky business
From: Dennis Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 11 May 2017 10:28:40 -0400

He canceled frequently in Chicago.  I do not remember now all of the performances he canceled, but they were legion, and at least included an entire run of "Luisa Miller" that I DO recall.  His many cancellations were what led to his very public firing from Lyric Opera.
Michael Liebert wrote : "Pavarotti ? I'm sure I attended at least 20 performances he was scheduled to give in
NYC, and I don't recall a single cancellation, nor do I recall any Saturday afternoon cancellations"

I certainly recall Pavarotti cancelling an all run of Idomeno (a young Ben Heppner substituting), an all run of Lucia di Lamermmoor (Richard Leech), a Fille du Régiment broadcast (Jean-Luc Viala)