Subject: Re: Met Gala
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 May 2017 12:51:56 +0000

I only heard the first half and thought it was a mixed bag. Domingo was awful-retire already! I was disappointed in Pitor's L. Miller aria. Bergonzi at 72 sang it better. I did like the Boheme excerpts and Anna's Lady Macbeth. It was great that Dimitri was able to perform! He was very good, but I am not sure Rigoletto is a good role for  him. Still, it is interesting to hear singers in roles they would not usually perform on stage. I was lucky to be at the opening of the New Met, but can't believe fifty years have gone by since then!