Subject: Re: Una Schande at the Gala
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 May 2017 14:13:40 -0400

I'm certain that many of you know that at the Closing Gala of the Old
Met, Leopold Stokowski led the orchestra in the Entrance of the Guests
from Tannhauser, as approximately 30 of the Met's greatest stars of
yore took their places on stage. It was a most memorable ten
or so minutes, among the evening's highlights. Lotte Lehmanm, Bidu
Sayao, Marian Anderson, Lily Pons, Giovanni Martinelli and Richard Crooks
were among the  legends that we had the honor of applauding that night.
Too bad that nostalgia and history seem so seldom honored these days.

Still, I think that shooting is a rather extreme punishment;-)

Bob