Subject: Re: "My Vision For Opera"
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 9 May 2017 12:39:05 -0400

Typical gobbledygook - the kind of speechifying that is usually spouted at "annual
conferences" of all sorts. Why does this merit any attention at all?

"adherence to structures of power" - define, please?

But, Eric - Mozart certainly was a majority voice. He was a white male. And indeed, things
haven't changed much in that regard. Still, it's much easier for Mosley to give lip service to
diversity than for anyone to take meaningful and lasting steps to change the status quo.
So undoubtedly, even with very good intentions, her words mean diddly.