Subject: Re: Met Gala
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 May 2017 13:14:32 -0400

These were also highlights for me plus Garanca's Dalila and the Handel
duet. I wish Pape, who was in good voice, was given something other than
Godunov's Mad Scene, which didn't fit well with the Gala occasion.
Calleja-Yoncheva in LA BOHEME, Netrebko's Lady M.'s Letter Scene and
Camarena's 'Ah, mes amis" were *golden*. Dima, of course, continues to
inspire. Tremendously emotional.

On another note: cheerfully joining Bob R. in saluting France!

Best, Vesna