Subject: Re: Met Gala
From: Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 May 2017 13:10:04 -0400

As heard over the Met's live stream, ditto to all that's been said above.

I have to put in a word for the brief but pretty remarkable performance of
the "overture" (arranged for the film) of WEST SIDE STORY as conducted by
Nézet-Séguin.  Despite some coordination problems at the outset, those
brass really let all the stops out, and the way the strings embued the
"Tonight" theme with such emotion really got to me.  A great way to start
was a wonderful evening.

   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users