Subject: Cassandra Kevizian
From: "SUBSCRIBE OPERA-L Vince C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 1 May 2017 01:35:28 -0400

On Sunday, February 19, 2017, I attended a music recital at Bethlehem
Lutheran Church in Encinitas, San Diego County, California.  One young
soprano sang in the recital.  She had an amazing voice.  I captured two
videos of her singing.  Her name is Cassandra Kevizian (Geuvjehizian?).  I
do not know if I spelled her name correctly.  She is part Armenian.  Her
voice sounds better live, but the two videos give you a good idea of the
quality of her voice.  She is a petite lady, but has a big voice.  She grew up
in San Diego County.  I do not have her contact information and I do not
know her personally.

If you heard Kevizian live, you would love her voice.  She has a spine-
tinglingly beautiful voice.  She has minor pitch issues but those can be
fixed.  Her voice is pure velvet.  It has no metal and no harsh edges.  It's
just plush velvet of the highest quality.  Live, the overtones in her voice
are amazing.  It's also a very distinctive voice.  In a vocal line-up, I could
definitely pick out her voice.

I had NO idea she was going to sing during the recital.  I didn't even know
she existed.  The online advert in the San Diego Reader website only listed
three names, none of which was hers, and only showed a very grainy
picture of an elderly male pianist and a middle-aged female flutist.  When I
arrived at the church, I did not pick up a printed program, which had her
name.  I thought I was going to hear piano and flute music only.  I spoke
with her very briefly after the recital.  She told me her full name and I left.
I emailed the church (Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Encinitas) weeks ago
to inquire about the spelling of her name, but have not received a
response.

The church was sparsely attended for the music recital.  Two baritones
sang, one of whom replaced an indisposed soprano.  A female flutist and
male pianist played.  Cassandra sang.  The people in the audience were all
over fifty except for two people, me (I'm 33) and Cassandra.  At the
beginning of the recital, I looked around the audience and only saw one
other young person.  This pretty young lady with long hair sat in the back.
I thought to myself, "What is she doing here?  She doesn't look like the
type who attends classical music performances." When she got up to sing, I
was surprised.  Then she opened her mouth and I was floored by the
beauty and size of her voice.  People in the audience gasped.  They only
gasp when the voice is very high quality.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kevizian

there are pitch problems but she is very young and will improve with the
guidance of a good voice teacher

http://i65.tinypic.com/28txkbt.jpg