Subject: Re: Hollaender prima
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 29 Apr 2017 19:59:42 +0000

I am behind on the news again, which I guess is not surprising.  When I heard AJ Glueckert (no periods after the initials in his name, according to the program), I thought to myself, "Well, Jay Hunter Morris is sounding better these days."  Wasn't Mr. Morris supposed to be in this production?  My recollection is that he bowed out of HGO's Götterdämmerung (where Simon O'Neill is doing a magnificent job) in order to sing Erik, the biggest crybaby in all of opera--well, maybe second to Elvino--in the Met's Holländer.  Is this still more evidence that I am losing my mind, or was Jay Hunter Morris supposed to be in this production?  His website shows almost nothing for the future other than Tristan in Tokyo in August.  Is he setting down his Tarnhelm?
Mike Leone
[log in to unmask] il Leone!