Subject: Re: Gluck operas
From: Don <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 29 Apr 2017 13:19:57 -0600

​The overture is amazing.  I count five recordings of the opera on Presto
Classical so I would say it has not been ignored.  It won DVD of the year
back in 2003.  I still have the original release with Bohm, Ludwig, Borkh
and Berry ​and James King which looks more like the cast for Die Frau than
a cast for any Gluck opera.  Still I remember enjoying it many years ago.
dond

--
It's amazing how useful it can be.