Subject: Re: Gluck operas
From: Ken Eisenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 29 Apr 2017 14:06:23 -0400

Absolutely.
The overture is one of my favorite things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c00RdRb6ozQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3I5dGyy-uw

I was introduced to it through
Warren Sonbert's amazing film *Friendly Witness* (1989)
where it is played twice (once with Wagner's input).
Will spend more time with the whole thing
this summer and report back.