Subject: Re: Noteworthy Opera/Vocal Reissues
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 29 Apr 2017 10:47:14 -0700

More Blu-Ray Audio reissues announced recently, mostly shipping in June:

Strauss: Elektra (Solti/NIlsson, Collier, Resnick)
Strauss: Salome (Solti/Nilsson, Wächter, Stolze)
Beethoven: Fidelio (Bernstinein/Janowitz, Kollo, Sotin)
Wagner; Tristan und Isolde (Böhm/Nilsson, Windgassen)
Verdi: La Traviata (C. Kleiber/Cotrubas, Domingo, Milnes)

These are all the audio only studio recordings (well, except for the “Tristan”) that have been available on Decca and DGG.

The only one I’m not rushing to order is the “Traviata” as the DGG surround sound SACD I have sounds very satisfying.

Max Paley