Subject: Re: Noteworthy Opera/Vocal Reissues
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 30 Apr 2017 23:18:37 -0400

It's truly funny how that line has been so misheard in such astounding proportions over the
years. (Much like the made-up "play it again, Sam," which is not ever said verbatim
anywhere in Casablanca.)

Garbo never said "vhant." She said the regular English word "want." There are plenty of
youtube clips of her saying the line (in its 3 different incarnations) from Grand Hotel.