Subject: Fliegende Hollander from the Met today
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 29 Apr 2017 16:15:54 -0400

as heard on WQXR. As was stated earlier, this was a. blockbuster
revival. I could have done with a steadier tone from Daland, but that
aside, I found it an all around wonderful performance. The conducting
was as good as You'll ever hear and the singing was not far behind.

Amber Wagner is somethin'! If she lacks the ultimate impact of Leonie's
best performances, she is certainly the best I've heard since. Senta is a
ball buster of a role, and she came through it with blazing tone and
incredibly thrilling phrases above the staff.It was truly memorable.

Wagner, the composer and Wagner the soprano were a dynamite
duo today, as was just about everyone involved.

Opera and the Met had a very good day!

Bob