BABES IN TOYLAND

David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 29 Apr 2017 04:10:10 +0000

text/plain

 Hi Roberta
Thanks for the report. I was at MSM's ZIGEUNERBARON but wished I could hear both.

I was a theater student growing up and I'd say that the usually designated first piece of American musical theater is THE BLACK CROOK of 1866.  You can look it up on Wikipedia!
Best- David

R Prada wrote:
"Babes in Toyland by Victor Herbert is considered the first American musical=
 theater piece"