Subject: Re: Noteworthy Opera/Vocal Reissues
From: "ls111553 ." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Apr 2017 04:24:12 +0000

I will dust off my SOTA for some A-B testing as soon as the Walküre SACD
arrives from Japan. I also have the Solti Act III London blueback (I used
to browse for hours at the Princeton Record Exchange, long before eBay),
which I find to have been very nicely remastered as part of the Decca
Legends series, but of course, it would be a treat to have it on SACD or
Blu-ray. I'll take a mature Flagstad over ten teenaged Deborah Voigts any
time!

Your listing of coming attractions is very exciting, specially the Beecham
- VDLA Carmen and the Kna Parsifal.

If I had any pull with Universal, I would suggest a Blu-ray set of the
complete Ataúlfo Argenta stereo recordings, not just the España (available
on SACD from both Universal and AP), but also the excellent material
recorded by Decca in Madrid, not released on CD outside Spain (pretty
decent remasterings, by the way). This includes the Concierto de Aranjuez
with Narciso Yepes, the complete Goyescas and Master Peter's Puppet Show,
among others. Not too likely, but one can dream!