Subject: Re: Katya at Juilliard
From: Olga Bourlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Apr 2017 20:04:34 -0700

I saw Katya for the first time a few weeks ago (Seattle Opera).  Although I
enjoyed it, I had to warm up to it - Janacek has never been in the pantheon
of my favorite composers.

A friend of mine (much more knowledgeable about opera than I am)
recommended Sir Charles Mackerras for anything Janacek. So I've been
listening to this, loaded for bear should I run into Katya again:

https://www.amazon.com/Janacek-Kata-Kabanova-Leos/dp/B000E6EGYG