Subject: Re: Met's Gold Curtain
From: Mike Hetsko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:30:07 -0400

Unless something has very recently changed, the use of the gold curtain has gradually diminished as new productions since Gelb took over have not used the gold curtain (only exception i can think of is Barber). If you want to see the gold curtain you have to go see the old productions e.g. Boheme, Turandot and most anything else that survives from pre 2005ish. While i never though the gold  curtain was particularly beautiful, it was [is] grand and an attention getter.  I hate the hanging black (or whatever) sheets that look like someone has hung their laundry out to dry.  There are a fee times this works, but most of the time it does not.
I don't know the reason for this change but my imagination says that because someone thinks the gold curtain is old fashioned; not hip or up to date.

~Mike Hetsko

(-spell check by IPhone-)