Subject: Re: Met's Gold Curtain
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Apr 2017 14:18:26 -0400

I don't have the album anymore, - everything in it had been, or has been,
reissued countless times, - but I saved my (rectangular) swatch of the
curtain, No. E1892, that came with it, an exquisite example of woven silk.
The current
version may not be as elegant in detail, but it is an integral part of the
design
of the Met's auditorium, and when it is not there, the proscenic gap is as
conspicuous as a dental extraction.

dtmk