Subject: Re: Noteworthy Opera/Vocal Reissues
From: william kasimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:12:28 -0400

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 21:28:36 -0700, Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>There have been a few reissues lately that I think are important enough to warrant a
note.

Thanks, Max.

There have also been a couple of issues of new recordings by active singers that have
been very poorly advertised.  I came across both by accident.

First is a recital CD of Mahler orchestral songs with Peter Mattei, which is self-
recommending to anyone who loves Mahler:

https://www.amazon.com/Mahler-Songs-Jochen-Rieder/dp/B01A7VBAFU

Mattei is recorded a little more closely than I prefer, but other than that, this is about as
close to perfection as one gets.  It's on a pretty obscure label, which is probably why it's
been fairly invisible since it was issued a couple of years ago.

The other new issue has no such excuse, since it's by Decca - Winterreise and
Schwanengesang with Günther Groissböck and Gerold Huber:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1UT6CI

Bill