Subject: Re: Martinelli as Emperor in Turandot - the Emperor part was definitely filmed
From: Arbe Bareis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:52:02 +0000

I don't know if the entire performance of Turandot that featured Martinelli as the Emperor was filmed, but all of Martinelli's part was filmed, I saw it when Eddie Smith presented the Vitaphones and other filmed performances in his collection at the VRCS in 1982. I don't know what happened to his film collection though. I think Bob Fazio inherited them, but don't know what happened after Bob died.