Subject: Re: Martinelli as Emperor in Turandot
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Apr 2017 11:09:35 -0400

This thread reminds me of James King, who told me in the late 90's that
Vienna had asked him to do seven performances of the Emperor at $5,000 a
piece.  He declined because he was afraid of making musical mistakes, since
his memory was beginning to fail him.  For that price I think I could have
sung the Emperor.

David Kubiak

Modify your settings: