Subject: the Annual Catherine Filene Shouse Legacy Circle Dinner@Wolf Trap teases with a short YA concert (4-24-17)
From: Alan Savada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Apr 2017 11:00:31 -0400

After a super musical weekend in NYC, I returned to DC where each year it is always a treat to attend this super dinner, this year held in the wonderful Barns at Wolf Trap where the Wolf Trap Opera makes its home every summer. There is always a musical presentation of some sort and this year we got three Wolf Trap Young Artists to return for a quickie recital before the excellent dinner.

Michael Sherman deftly handled the piano while baritone Michael Adams started off with the Toreador Song from Carmen, not a single note off or slighted as so many baritones can have issues with it! Next came mezzo-soprano Allegra De Vita in a delicious rendition of "Que fait tu blanche tourterelle?" from Romeo et Juliette. The way too short program ended with the three performing "It's Almost Like Being In Love" from Brigadoon. Since these are Washington National Opera YA's as well, I might venture that Ms. Zambello is considering this musical for the future at Glimmerglass???

I'll be taking a break from concerts/operas this week until the Eric Owens/Susanna Phillips recital on Sunday. Enjoy all!

ALAN SAVADA of Washington, DC