Subject: A voice of exceptional beauty
From: Ariane Csonka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 Apr 2017 16:08:35 -0400

Yes, her voice seems beautiful as does her person.  But Caruso's line about what it takes to be a great singer, "voice, voice and more voice" is only partly true.  In today's competition for the relatively few jobs around, an opera singer needs strength of character and physique, nerves of steel and a skin like a rhinoceros - plus luck, luck, luck in finding a good teacher and a generous support system.  We have all seen promising young singers who fell by the wayside, some inexplicably.
Any career in the arts is almost as painful as it is enriching.  But I know of no one who regrets trying.