Subject: Martinelli as Emperor in Turandot
From: Roger Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 Apr 2017 19:54:59 +0000

Greetings everyone,
Giovanni Martinelli sang the Emperor in "Turandot" in Seattle in 1967, aged 82,according to various sources. I am told an extract recorded and available variously was issued by Eddie Smith in a concocted version with Martinelli as Calaf.
I wondered if anyone knows the precise cast information of that Seattle "Turandot". I have been told that Amadeo Zambon was the Calaf. If there are any other cast names, I'd be very grateful to know them.
If anyone knows if there is an extant authentic recording of that Seattle performance, perhaps just excerpts, I'd also be very grateful for information. I don't suppose any commercial recording of that has ever appeared.
Regards to all
Roger D BellLancashireEngland