Subject: Re: My friend's review of the nutcase
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 Apr 2017 15:22:25 -0400

Idia Legray wrote,

"Talk about a prejudiced review!"

If I had been at that concert and things had gone as Mr. Handelman described them, I would
have been pretty pissed off, too.  No matter how well Grigolo sang.  All that hyperactive
business would have been very annoying and certainly would have affected my response to
the singing.  Not to mention more than half the concert being orchestral selections.

The "assisting artist" phenomenon, where an orchestra, pianist, etc., spells the singers, is a
legitimate practice with a long history.  But with a load of extraneous crap like the one Mr.
Handelman described, I would have felt short-changed.

Modify your settings: