Subject: Fwd: New Rosenkavalier - Reactions?
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 Apr 2017 00:02:45 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: New Rosenkavalier - Reactions?
To: Ron Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Opera-L <[log in to unmask]>

For those who may have missed this one: (I have a few more on this
favorite subject of mine in the archives).

 < Meanwhile, I deplore once again the absence of the Met's unique and
 < indispensable gold curtain, and demand an explanation of how the
 < substitution of a garish red schmatta sliding up and down like a common
 < window shade, contributes anything to the staging of a production that
has      < been presented elsewhere, behind another proscenium, and why the
 < current regime insists on depriving audiences of an elegant effect
unmatched
  <by any opera house in the world.

dtmk