Subject: Re: Met's Gold Curtain
From: Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 23 Apr 2017 22:35:57 -0400

>>>Somebody previously mentioned that they missed the Met's gold curtain>>>>

Me !

I think it was interesting that when Pretty Yende was interviewed before her
Met Debut, she talked a dreaming about singing before "that gold curtain"
when she was contacted in South Africa about singing Adele in Count d'Ory.

No gold curtain then.  But she finally got her chance this year.

I think the show curtains are a travesty.