Subject: Re: Met's Gold Curtain
From: Bruce Prentice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 23 Apr 2017 20:02:08 +0000

I think there was a discussion a few years ago (maybe it wasn't on this list) about the Met's limited use in recent times of their gold curtain. I think the issue was the insurance costs of using the gold curtain (insurance against fire damageor other damage, or regular usage depreciation factors were driving up the costs of using it)---as opposed to going with a "show" curtain for newer productions which was a cheaper alternative.
Please someone correct me if I am misinformed about this.