Subject: Re: Eugene Onegin HD
From: Pandora Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 23 Apr 2017 03:00:02 +0000

I don't get the devotion by some on this board to Netrebko. Yes, she has a big, glamorous voice, but it is seldom under control. She is tonally challenged. She seems incapable of marshaling her instrument. Her "Letter Scene" today would have been unrecognizable without the orchestral accompaniment. I was ashamed for her and cringing as I listened. I understand that she is physically beautiful and thus a desirable performer, but I remember some of you saying she would be one of the only currant singers remembered by history. That is laughable.