Subject: Re: Eugene Onegin HD
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Apr 2017 19:49:46 -0400

I planned to watch it in HD but my friend phoned me from the cinema that
the tickets were sold out. Not that the theatre was full but it was decided
to move the HD broadcast into another very small theatre room and this time
there were also "kids". We later heard the complaint from those who managed
to get tickets that the sound was just awful in that smallish theatre room.

So I stayed at home to listen to the broadcast. Mattei's Onegin was
magnificent! I love how Kati described him and would only say ditto.

Unfortunately, I don't share the same enthusiasm about Netrebko's Tatyana.
My ears heard more deficiencies than strengths, concurring with Bob and
Myriam. It could be just me, but I never found her Tatyana attractive, as
if she was bored to do this role over and over again. The lack of dynamic
gradation when she sings this role might have contributed to this
impression.

Though I wasn't bowled over by Doglov's Lensky, he is a fine singer and I
am intrigued enough to look forward to hear him in the future.

Vesna