Subject: Re: Eugene Onegin HD
From: Myriam Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Apr 2017 19:32:48 -0400

I did not watch the performance, just listened to the broadcast. Maybe my
ears are playing tricks on me, but I thought that Netrebko struggled with
her pitch during most of the opera. This was more noticeable during the
Letter Scene and the concertato at the end of Act 2, Scene 1. She was
completely sharp at times and this was very distracting. Dolgov was not
bad, but he could not erase the memories of the magnificent Nicolai Gedda
as Lensky. Overall, the performance sounded rather run-of-the-mill to me.

Myriam